In the movie “Jerry Maguire”, Tom Cruise plays a sports agent named, oddly enough, Jerry Maguire. He gets fired from the big agency he works for and starts his own company in which his only client is an Arizona Cardinals receiver named Rod Tidwell. Jerry then spends the entire movie killing himself to do everything he can to help Tidwell get the big contract he wants, and he does it all ethically. He also falls in love with some scrunchy faced chick with a kid. Anyway, I just want to make sure you understand that agents like this don’t exist.
(SHOW ME THE NAKED CHILDREN!!)
In reality agents would throw their own mother in front of a train if it meant getting a “personal toilet” clause thrown into their client’s contract. In fact, I’m pretty sure Scott Boras has actually done this. Anywhoo, the “good” news is that sleazy agents aren’t just an American phenomenon and they exist in other countries as well. Like in Australia where agents not only lie to their clients, but they also get busted for child pornography.
An Indiana high school swimming coach has been arrested for secretly videotaping girls in the locker room.
The KOKOMO TRIBUNE reports that Kokomo coach Brian Hindson was hauled off by authorities on federal child pornography charges. After searching his home, police removed 65 items from Hindson’s house, including “computer hard drives, monitors, CDs, DVDs, camera equipment and Hindson’s passport.”
Hindson might have gotten away with his perverted actions, had he remembered to clear off his computer drives.
• We mentioned earlier how Brady Quinn had to don a USC jersey after losing a bet. Now, IRISH TROJAN IN TENNESSEE has video proof of the QB’s cringing clothing change:
• Coloradoans take note: RIVALFISH cowboys up to present their top 10 reasons to hate Red Sox fans.• Ray Ratto of CBS SPORTSLINE has no comment, as the media can corner athletes into “Damned if you do, Damned if you don’t.”
• THE MONEY SHOT bangs their heads, as they compare NBA teams to ‘80s hair metal bands:
• THE EXTRAPOLATER asks the NCAA to repeat that, as they don’t understand the whole Division 1-A/Football Bowl Subdivision double-talk.• AWFUL ANNOUNCING packs their bags for the Great White North, as MLB viewers in Canada are Buck & McCarver free.
• LARRY BROWN SPORTS is in good hands, as Tony Romo takes out a $30 million insurance policy on himself:
• WTAE reports that former Pitt ESPN radio announcer John Duffy has plead guilty to child porn charges.• OFF WING OPINION counts to 10, as they’re annoyed by interruptions from ESPN SportsCenter’s 30 in 30.
• The GONZAGA BULLETIN bulldogs Rick Reilly for selling his soul to the Satan in Bristol:
• The SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE learns it’s student against teacher in Corvallis, as Stanford’s Jim Harbaugh faces Oregon State and his old pro coach Mike Riley.• SPORTS REVIEW MAGAZINE gets a tip that Bill Callahan will be bought out by Nebraska at the end of the season.
Tags: Bill Callahan
, Boston Red Sox
, Brady Quinn
, Child Pornography
, Gilbert Arenas
, Jim Harbaugh
, Joe Buck
, Rick Reilly
, Tim Mccarver
, Tony Romo
, Usc Trojans