Tags: Adriana Lima
, Alex Curran
, Billy Gillispie
, Charlie Manuel
, Danica Patrick
, Danielle Lloyd
, Derrick Rose
, Hank Baskett
, Holly Madison
, Jessiqa Pace
, Jocelyne Lamoureux
, John Calipari
, Jose Canseco
, Kendra Wilkinson
, Kentucky Wildcats
, Marko Jaric
, Memphis Tigers
, Monique Lamoureux
, Mr T
, Philadelphia Phillies
, Rick Majerus
, Steve Gerrard
Yes, the headline seems confusing, but that’s essentially what Phillies manager Charlie Manuel is begging for: Philly fans to boo. Yes, it’s like asking fish to swim, but evidently Philly fans have actually done the impossible in the aftermath of their team’s World Series title: They’ve become too polite.
(They’re not saying “Boo,” they’re saying “Lewww.” I want them to say “Boo”!)
According to THE REPORTER, Manuel has just about had it with fans thanking his players for what they did last year, insisting that it’s about time they start jumping on them for lack of current achievements. Hey, evidently he’s still a cantankerous skulk after all.
• Yeah, I like you too, Rays, but let’s not start counting our chickens before they hatch now. HOME RUN DERBY points out that this is an officially licensed shirt, not some fan creation selling on the street. Just what we need: a bunch of entitled a-hole Rays fans running around.
• CAGE POTATO reports that former UFC fighter Joe Son has been linked to a 1990 gang rape via DNA testing.
• FANHOUSE informs us that the Titans will lose a fifth-round pick to the Cowboys if the cornerback formerly known as Pacman gets himself arrested and/or suspended. In other words, the Titans are losing a fifth-round pick to the Cowboys.
• Charlie Manuel’s mother died this morning, but he’ll manage today’s Game 2 of the NLCS, says MLB.COM.
• On the day The Express opens, THAT MINORITY THING has some words about Ernie Davis.
If baseball teams are getting peeved by celebrations, it’s pretty clear the second half of the season (and the one really worth paying attention to) is underway. The NEW YORK TIMES writes that Mets shortstop Jose Reyes’ exuberance at his three-run homer in Wednesday night’s game had the Philadelphia Phillies fuming a bit.
If it ticked off the players, it really got to the Phillies’ broadcasters. Larry Andersen said during the game of Reyes: “Somebody ought to put one in his neck.” Read more…
• THE SCORES REPORT checks their wallet, as Evander Holyfield hasn’t coughed up enough dough for either his house or one of his nine kids.
• LARRY BROWN SPORTS takes off to the Great White North, as the Winnipeg Blue Bombers pay tribute to honorary hoser Chris Berman.
• NEXT ROUND presses up video of a reporter outside a wrestling fundraiser getting a little more action than she bargained for.
• The PHILADELPHIA DAILY NEWS remembers when Kobe almost became a Sixer. Well, at least he once worked out & scrimmaged with them as a kid.
Tags: Allan Houston
, Charlie Manuel
, Chicago Bulls
, Chris Berman
, David Jacobs
, Doug Collins
, Evander Holyfield
, Jimmy Rollins
, Kissing Reporters
, Kobe Bryant
, Philadelphia Phillies
• A woman suing the Detroit Tigers says female fans better cover up when they come out to Comerica Park.
• Kevin Love gets a chuckle out of an Oregon fan losing his car over his foul fingering.
• The Oakland A’s will always remember the toilets of Tokyo.
• Meanwhile, Charlie Manuel once had his own wet adventures in Japan.
Tags: Charlie Manuel
, Coaches Supporting Troops
, Detroit Tigers
, Hideki Matsui
, Kevin Love
, No Smoking At Nascar
, Oakland Athletics
, Pat Riley
, Secretly Filming Females
, Self Fishing Fish
, Shaquille Oneal
, Young Mma Fighters
Matt Pesotski over at THE 700 LEVEL scares up a gem about Phillies Manager Charlie Manuel today that you’ll either find eminently amusing or downright disgusting (we’re in the latter).
(This Man. Nude.)
As part of Manuel’s former baseball travails in Japan, PHILADELPHIA magazine describes one of his off-field jaunts, in a Japanese bathhouse. Read more…
Hello, kids. This is Richard McPlenty, and I’m here to take you through another lazy Sunday. What better way to kick things off than with a little bit of mischief at the expense of young Phillies pitcher Kyle Kendrick.
G.M. Ruben Amaro Jr. was in on it. Manager Charlie Manuel was in on it. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if Anna Benson was in on it. She seems to be up for just about anything.
And it worked. They convinced Hendrick he had been traded to Japan. Cruel, and unusually funny. Read more…