• The Angels really don’t want to get into Manny Ramirez acquisition hell.
(”Somebody PLEASE give me a multi-million-dollar contract!“)
• Punters? We don’t need no stinking punters!
• Mike Tomlin’s not so thrilled to see Santa interrupt his press conference.
• Britney Spears’ ex Kevin Federline returns serve by palling up with a beach volleyball babe.
Tags: Anaheim Angels
, Basketball Sex
, Boise State Broncos
, Brian Giles
, Britney Spears
, Darren Sharper
, Kevin Federline
, Manny Ramirez
, Mike Tomlin
, No Punters Needed
, Volleyball Vixens
Okay, sure, things look bad for Brian Giles when his ex-girlfriend, Cheri Olvera, filed a $10 million suit against him for child support and damages from domestic violence. Oh, and things looked worse after video was released of him allegedly attacking her in a 2006 incident.
(Unfortunately, “I beat sliders not women raaaaargh” was not a sound legal defense.)
By the way, when we say “damages” from domestic assault, we’re not talking about a broken vase or something material and replaceable; according to the lawsuit, Giles’ abuse caused two miscarriages. Good god. But Brian Giles isn’t worried, you see. Not when, according to the SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE, he’s sure what this suit is really about: the money.
• Why tune in to the Las Vegas Bowl this Saturday? I got six words for ya: David Hasselhoff sings the national anthem.
Any chance to elect Gary Coleman as Grand Marshal of the Las Vegas Bowl parade?
• Stephon Marbury shows up courtside for the Knicks-Lakers game, after all - not on the bench, but in some pricey seats.
• Brian Giles is slapped with a $10 million domestic abuse lawsuit. Is it true? Let’s go to the videotape.
• Tony Dorsett’s nephew can score you some coke stronger than anything Mean Joe Greene tosses.
Tags: Anna Lisa Smith
, Brian Giles
, Bruce Pearl
, David Hasselhoff
, Kevin Mchale
, Las Vegas Bowl
, Los Angeles Lakers
, New York Knicks
, Nude Cheerleader Photos
, San Diego Padres
, Stephon Marbury
, Tony Dorsett
Earlier today we reported on allegations of domestic abuse by Brian Giles.
More Details from San Diego’s NBC affiliate:
Olvera claims that in 2002, Giles beat her while she was pregnant with his baby. Olvera later miscarried. Goldstein said Olvera doesn’t blame Giles for that miscarriage, but he said she does blame Giles for another miscarriage. He said that earlier this year, she became pregnant again with Giles’ baby. According to Goldstein, Olvera lost the baby after Giles allegedly threw her down a hallway.
Shocking stuff. And now it appears there may be a smoking gun in the case, as Olvera’s attorney this afternoon released video of an alleged abusive incident at a bar in 2006. Video after the jump. Read more…
It’s never a good sign when a pro athlete is repeatedly referred to as “defendant.” But that’s where seemingly mild-mannered Brian Giles finds himself this morning, as the target of a lawsuit from his former girlfriend who alleges he beat her so severely she suffered a miscarriage.
Via the SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE, Cheri Olvera is seeking $10 million from the Padres outfielder, with whom she lived for six years until they broke up earlier this year. The suit claims he failed to live up to an agreement to provide for her and her and her daughter, and recounts four separate incidents of domestic violence.
(Details after the jump.)