• A California high school cheerleading coach was given her pink slip when she took off her slip - and everything else - for Playboy.
• ESPN’s expose on the WWE was more of a tapout than a body slam.
• Speaking of physical assault, a Brazilian soccer coach punches a ref in the middle of a game.
• How did the Chicago Bulls’ Ben Gordon burn his arm? Would you believe because his scarf caught on fire?
• When he’s not passing the ball, Dwight Howard loves to pass gas.
Tags: Ben Gordon
, Brazil Soccer
, Carlie Christine
, Chicago Bulls
, Dwight Howard
, Lebron James
, Michael Vick
, Missouri Tigers
, New York Mets
, Orlando Magic
, Philadelphia Eagles
, Ref Punching
, Villanova Wildcats
Woody Hayes. Buddy Ryan. The names have become synonymous with ridiculous outbursts in which the coaching idols drilled either opposing players or their own assistant coaches. Well, now they’ve both been upstaged by Pedro Santilli, the manager of Brazilian soccer club Comercial, who took out an opposing player and a ref on a single run out on to the field.
(Guess which one likes to punch refs? Here’s a hint: He has white hair.)
According to the soccer blog THE SPOILER, Santilli was upset with a call and wanted to inspire his team, which was facing relegation from Brazil’s top division with a loss. Unfortunately, when he grabbed a second ball and ran out on the pitch with it to try and show that his team deserved the ball, he also ran over a player from the opposing team, Catanduvense. But that didn’t stop the former assistant coach of the Brazilian national team. No, instead he went right back over, picked his ball back up, walked up to referee Flavio Rodrigues de Souza (who had just ejected him) and drilled him with a nasty right uppercut.
That’s right, in one span of approximately 60 seconds, a coach ran over a player like a speed bump and punched a coach. That has to be some kind of land-speed record. Luckily, we have video of the incident after the break, so you can time it for yourself.