It’s interesting that on the same day ESPN announces it will no longer produce made-for-TV movies or miniseries, we also hear that Reggie Jackson is still mad as hell over his portrayal in “The Bronx Is Burning.” That’s the eight-part ESPN miniseries that was released in 2007, based on Jonathan Mahler’s best-selling book.
Not saying that the two things are related, but Jackson says he’s considering a lawsuit against the WWL over the way they depicted him in the movie, which featured Daniel Sunjata in the role of the tempestuous Mr. October. It all came up when Jackson appeared on “The Jorge Sedano Show” on 790 The Ticket in Miami on Thursday. Reggie was asked what he thought of the movie, and he responded by appearing to have an seizure on the air.
• Melissa Rycroft, former Cowboys cheerleader & budding ABC reality TV star, is offered a chance to take off her “Dancing” dress for Playboy.
• The Broncos are finally cutting themselves from Jay Cutler. Any takers?
• Mike Danton, the ex-NHLer jailed for planning to kill his agent, is transferred to Canada, where he’s already up for full parole.
• Reggie Jackson remembers Billy Martin telling an anti-Semitic joke.
• Three Oregon Ducks caught shooting other ducks in a city park. Traitors!
Tags: Billy Martin
, Citi Field
, Dallas Cowboys
, David Ortiz
, Denver Broncos
, Donte Stallworh
, Good Times
, Gymnasts With Rum
, Jay Culter
, Melissa Rycroft
, Mike Danton
, New York Mets
, Oregon Ducks
, Philadelphia Phillies
, Reggie Jackson
, Robert Powell
, Ryan Moats
Do you remember that ESPN mini-series “The Bronx Is Burning”? It was about the 1977 New York Yankees and had the one guy from “Rescue Me” as Reggie Jackson, and John Turturro as Billy Martin. It was also pretty horrible, though that’s doing nothing to keep MSG from deciding to show the series this Sunday night.
As part of the series, MSG recorded a bunch of interviews with players from that Yankees team to supplement the show, and as you’d expect, some of the best material came from Mr. October himself. In one choice outtake from a part of Jackson’s interview with teammate Fran Healy, Reggie tells us all that Billy Martin may have been an anti-Semite.