Magazine subscriptions, candy, Girl Scout cookies. These are several things that someone might attempt to sell to you by going door to door. However, in the world of Division I-AA football (or, if you must, the Football Championship Subdivision), college football season tickets are a possibility, particularly if you happen to be in a neighborhood near Western Kentucky University.
No word if mascot Big Red will come along to hawk stubs with the team next Tuesday and Thursday.
• THE WIZARD OF ODDS wonders if ESPN sideline reporter Stacey Dales is being groomed to replace Erin Andrews:
• WALK OFF BALK offers to do laundry for a young Packers fan, who’s worn the same Favre jersey every day for the last four years.
• Ditch the champagne: HUGGING HAROLD REYNOLDS suggests how the 2007 Patriots will celebrate other NFL teams not going undefeated.
• MR. IRRELEVANT finds a couple of Cowboys fans at the Redskins game on the warpath - with each other:
• SPORTS COLUMN notes how fan injuries at Giants Stadium are escalating.
• Speaking of the G-Men, WITH LEATHER hears that Eli Manning is pretty pleased with the loss to the Pats.
• Darren Rovell of CNBC gets caught up in the legal battles of Western Kentucky’s Big Red:
• AOL FANHOUSE writes how sports bloggers are staring to roll in some dough.
• PART MULE wants the Celtics to come up with better soundbites about their success.