• Ed Thomas, a popular Iowa high school football coach who saw many of his players make it to the NFL, was shot & killed in the school’s weight room this morning.
• Road tripping, Wisconsin style: Driving home drunk in a golf cart.
• Break out the blindfolds - Oregon’s new football uniforms are here.
• Terrell Owens gets cursed out by teammate Joanna Krupa for getting themselves eliminated on ABC’s “Superstars”.
• No “Moneyball” movie means no sex scenes between Billy Beane & an Outback Steakhouse waitress.
Tags: Aplington Parkersburg Falcons
, Artie Lange
, Ballston Spa
, Billy Beane
, Ed Thomas
, Golf Cart DUI
, Joanna Krupa
, Joe Buck
, Loren Meadows
, Miami Dolphins
, Oregon Ducks
, Outback Steakhouse
, Terrell Owens
, Video Game Girls
, Vontae Davis
You know it’s summer when the youth baseball coaches come out and start having opposing players arrested for nonsensical reasons. Actually Bill Marshall is a sheriff’s deputy, part-time Ballston Spa Village police officer, and coach of Galway of the Ballston Spa Junior Baseball League in New York. Marshall had Gary Hall Jr., an opposing player, arrested on Saturday for “intentionally” hitting one his his players with a pitch, and for kicking a batting helmet after the game.
After Galway had beaten Ballston Spa, 2-1, last week, a Galway player punched Hall, 16, in the stomach in the post-game handshake line. According to witnesses, Hall pushed the other player away, then fell to the ground in pain. Hall then kicked a batting helmet near the dugout. If you thought that ended things, you don’t know American youth baseball. Marshall filed charges and had Hall arrested. Read more…