Antonio Pierce dutifully informed us last night that Mike Shanahan has made Donovan McNabb an “escape goat“:
For those in the, ahem, “service” industry (and by that I mean strippers), there’s no greater frenemy than a cheap celebrity. Sure, they’re famous, and everyone likes fame and the recognition that comes with it, but it would be nice if Mr. Hi-I-Make-Millions-Of-Dollars-A-Year actually, you know, spent like a celebrity instead of having a tight wallet.
And today’s tightwad is Plaxico Burress, who, according to the NEW YORK POST, spent a few hours getting drunk at a nude bar (Head Quarters, if you must know) before capping himself in the leg last week. Oh, and he didn’t pay a cent there that night. Nor does he ever pay well, apparently:
It might not be quite as bad as the people who thought it would be a good idea to carry loaded weapons to Toys “R” Us on Friday, but Plaxico Burress‘ decision to tote a loaded weapon to a Manhattan club that night is not high on the list of smart moves.
So, even though he’s already pulled a Cheddar Bob and shot himself, the physical wounds might not be what keep Plax out of the lineup for the rest of this season…and beyond. And Burress isn’t the only Giant who might find himself in legal trouble over the incident.
• BASKETBAWFUL knows Steve Nash can take a licking - especially now that he’s in creepy bobblepop form:
How would Mr. Owl handle this one?
• ESTSN barks up news that an NFL player has some sick pit bulls to give away, and it’s not who you think.
• DC SPORTS BOG catches word that Redskins TE Chris Cooley is starting his own blog.
• BRUINS NATION checks the laundry, as USC will be wearing home uniforms at the Rose Bowl after all.
• Speaking of controversial clothing, the INDIANAPOLIS STAR dresses down Indiana U. officials for forcing a fan to take off his “Bring Back Bobby” shirt.