Okay, we’re thinking of a football conference over by the West Coast, where one team enjoys a seemingly perpetual stranglehold on the conference, routinely running the table or slipping once to an opponent who had no shot at the title. Are we talking about the Pac-10 and USC in the Pete Carroll era (minus this year, of course)… or the WAC and Boise State in the same time span?
(”Give me liberty or a decent schedule or whatever!”)
The difference between the two teams, however, is that USC can get pretty much anyone, anywhere, at any time. Whether it’s money or influence or just the opportunity to have USC on your schedule, whatever. They’re never hurting for opponents. Boise State, on the other hand, can’t fill their 2011 schedule with a decent opponent, and it’s been this way for years.
• Soccer WAG Abbey Clancy really needs to find a swimsuit top that fits.
• Just a few weeks before his death in an alleged murder-suicide, Steve McNair had filmed a public service announcement about suicide prevention.
• An Aussie tennis player gets slapped with a fine & suspended for six months for shouting a racial slur at a South African opponent.
• The Mountain West & WAC hate the BCS, but don’t hate the BCS’ money.
• Has it really been 30 years since Disco Demolition Night more or less demolished Comiskey Park?
Tags: Abbey Clancy
, Bryden Klein
, Chelsea Steele
, Chicago White Sox
, Comiskey Park
, Disco Demolition Night
, Erin Andrews
, Jeremy Mayfield
, Kevin Houser
, Manny Ramirez
, Mountain West
, New Orleans Saints
, New York Mets
, Sahel Kazemi
, Steve McNair