UPDATE: ND AD Jack Swarbrick told the SOUTH BEND TRIBUNE late Saturday that he hadn’t started a coaching search.
“Any version of anything you hear in the contact with a coach are absolutely false. We haven’t talked to anybody. We haven’t authorized anybody to talk to anybody. It’s simply not true.”
Tony Barnhart of CBS Sports reported earlier Saturday that Bob Stoops would travel to South Bend on Sunday to meet with Swarbrick about the job.
Meanwhile Weis, in a classless move, blew off the media after the Stanford loss - as reported by Brian Hamilton of the CHICAGO TRIBUNE.
Not exactly a startling revelation, but Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com has fired the first shot in Charlie Weis‘ coaching execution at Notre Dame as he reported late Saturday night:
(Okay, wrong office)
And NFL source tells us that Weis already has cleaned out his office, in anticipation of being fired when the team returns to Indiana after the conclusion of Saturday’s game.
November 30 is the first day of a recruiting period for college football coaches, and ND has barred Weis from making overtures to prospective players starting tomorrow. I’m actually surprised an announcement about Weis’ ouster wasn’t made before the Stanford game.
What’s the point of waiting?
As for the Stanford game, are you thinking what I’m thinking?
• Titans owner Bud Adams gives the Bills a double-finger salute - and gets fined $250,000 for it.
• After Stanford’s stunning slaughter of ‘SC, Pete Carroll & Jim Harbaugh both want to know what the deal is. (And Pete won’t forget it.)
• But the real deal is Toby Gerhart. Just ask his swim team girlfriend, who says that the Cardinal RB is “one big muscle.”
• Speaking of girlfriends, Erin Dewes has been incorrectly labeled as Tim Tebow’s squeeze. But that’s not stopping her from covering her nude self in number 15’s body paint.
• Zack Greinke is a real winner this week. Not only did the Royals pitcher grab the Cy Young award, he’s also tying the knot with former Miss Daytona Beach Emily Kuchar.
Tags: Bud Adams
, Buffalo Bills
, Emily Kuchar
, Erin Dewes
, Florida Gators
, Jerry Jones
, Kansas Jayhawks
, Mark Mangino
, Pete Carroll
, Ron Artest
, Stanford Cardinal
, Tennessee Titans
, Thierry Henry
, Tim Tebow
, Toby Gerhart
, Trevor Ariza
, Usc Trojans
, World Cup
, Zack Greinke
It’ll probably never get better for Toby Gerhart, a running back for Stanford who was largely anonymous until four days ago. But in the aftermath of leading The Cardinal to a 55-21 drubbing of USC at The Coliseum, he’s now a hot college football commodity.
Gerhart’s performance last Saturday and this season will almost certainly warrant an invitation to the Heisman Trophy ceremony in New York, and his NFL draft stock is on the rise. Not to mention he’s an accomplished baseball player who may choose to consider that sport after college.
So everyone wants to know more about Gerhart, beyond the pre-packaged pap produced by the Stanford Sports Information Dept. (Bless their hearts.) So I’m pleased to introduce the lovely girlfriend of Gerhart for the last two years: Stanford swimmer Meredith Ayres. Read more…