• The collapse of the Dallas Cowboys’ practice tent has caused scouting assistant Rich Behm (inset) to be paralyzed from the waist down.
• The family of b-ball recruit Renardo Sidney were expecting to be paid big bucks for steering their star son toward USC.
• Rehab or TV reunion? Which one do you think Dennis Rodman chose?
• The banishment of TCU student reporter Brian Smith from Mountain West TV was actually the work of Horned Frogs head coach Gary Patterson.
• The best thing about being named NBA MVP? Getting a brand new Kia! LeBron James must be thrilled.
Tags: Brian Smith
, Bronson Arroyo
, Dallas Cowboys
, Dennis Rodman
, Denver Broncos
, Eduardo Perez
, Gary Patterson
, Harry Kalas
, Jelena Dokic
, John Wall
, Lebron James
, NBA Mvp
, Renardo Sidney
, Rich Behm
, Rulon Davis
, Sandy Alomar Jr.
, Tcu Horned Frogs
, Ucla Bruins
, Usc Trojans
According to the CLEVELAND PLAIN DEALER, LeBron James is going to be handed the NBA’s MVP trophy this afternoon, his reward for a season so dominant the Cavs ran away with the league’s best record, despite being a two-man show. In fact, he won the award so easily that James picked the venue to receive the award himself, choosing his high school gym at Akron’s St. Vincent-St. Mary’s to have the trophy handed over to him.
(Yes, that’s LeBron, but that’s not a Kia. And it probably wasn’t free, either.)
But buried in the story about LeBron’s dominance is this graph from PLAIN DEALER writer Brian Windhorst:
All his Cavs teammates are expected to be there as well as representatives from Kia, which will give him a new car as part of the honor.
Wait a minute, Kia gives MVPs a free car? Is there any chance that an NBA MVP will actually drive a Kia? Any chance? How big a waste is that!