President Obama’s first pitch at the All-Star Game was all well and good, but if you’re like me, you’d much prefer to see a Playboy Playmate with humongous breast implants chuck a ceremonial delivery. It could end up anywhere! (The pitch, I mean). And thanks to the Mahoning Valley Scrappers Minor League Baseball team, we’re both in luck.
Only in Ohio, or perhaps certain cities in Thailand, will you see a promotion like this: Thursday is $1 Beer Night and Irish Night with the Scrappers, plus an appearance by “Playboy’s Hot Housewives” covergirl Lisa Neeld. I see no way this can end badly.
(Also not bad - more pics of Lisa after the jump.)
• A Tennessee state medical examiner says it’s “likely” that Sahel Kazemi was the one who shot & killed Steve McNair. But the case continues.
• Phillies flatten Reds with a 22-1 drubbing - the worst in Cincy’s history.
• When it comes to major leaguers on rehab assignments treating their temporary minor league brethren to a fine meal, Manny’s a miser.
• The Tampa Bay Rays are suing a man for selling shirts with a supposed similar starburst logo.
• Prime suspect Mark Becker has plead not guilty in the shooting death of popular Iowa high school football coach Ed Thomas.
Tags: Albuquerque Isotopes
, Chicago Cubs
, Cincinnati Reds
, Donte Stallworth
, Ed Thomas
, Free Liposuction
, Inland Empire 66ers
, Joanna Krupa
, Mahoning Valley Scrappers
, Manny Ramirez
, Mark Becker
, Marta Krupa
, Mathieu Montcourt
, Philadelphia Phillies
, Sahel Kazemi
, Steve McNair
, Tampa Bay Rays
, Terrell Owens
Many minor league baseball teams have promotional giveaways, but most are of the free seat cushion variety, with an occasional Bill Buckner bobblehead thrown in. But the Mahoning Valley Scrappers of the New York-Penn League had a dream: To give away a free liposuction treatment to one lucky fan. Tomorrow, that dream becomes reality.
The Scrappers, located in Northeast Ohio — yes, the same team that last year gave us the gala Salute to the Pickle — will stage their Ladies Night on Wednesday, when they play the Auburn Doubledays. And the grand prize that evening will be a free liposuction procedure from Valley Surgical Arts. Read more…