• Lindsay Soto sure knows how to keep abreast of NHL playoff action.
• Perhaps looking for a little more face time, the Atlanta Hawks’ bird-brained mascot makes a temporary home on top of TNT’s backboard camera.
• Ex-Jag Jimmy Smith gives new meaning to “possession receiver“.
• MMA women menstruating does not make for a bloody good fight.
• That’s bra-wful: Brandi Chastain’s famous World Cup cups holder is caught up in bankruptcy court.
Tags: Anaheim Ducks
, Atlanta Hawks
, Brandi Chastain
, Cleveland Cavaliers
, Cris Cyborg Santos
, Jay Paterno
, Jimmy Smith
, Joe Paterno
, Lindsay Soto
, Nude Kitesurfing
, Pedophile Coaches
, Richard Branson
, Tcu Horned Frogs
, Wisconsin Whitewater Warhawks
Last year when EliteXC hit network television on CBS there was a lot of hope that the primetime shows would help make MMA a more mainstream sport. With fights featuring Gina Carano, they were also hoping that they could advance women’s MMA in the process. Well, MMA keeps growing in popularity but the primetime show took a hit when EliteXC went under. EliteXC’s failure also set back the women’s cards because it put the future of any fight between Carano & Cris Santos — who was very impressive in her EliteXC bout — in limbo.
Santos has moved on to Strikeforce, who have bought most of EliteXC’s assets, and now Strikeforce is hoping to sign Carano as well so that the two ladies can finally get it on. Of course, if Strikeforce does sign Carano, they may want to check with Santos before they schedule the event. They’re probably going to want to make sure Aunt Flo has left town before making Cris take on Gina.