• Detroit Pistons rookie DaJuan Summers places a Twitter bet with porn star Valerie Luxe: Whoever gets 4,000 followers first wins either dinner & a massage, or a trip to the water park.
• Meanwhile, ESPN’s Mark Schlereth gets into a Twitter war with Chad Ochocinco.
• But neither guy would want to mess with J.R. Smith, especially if the Nuggets player is Tweeting like he’s a member of the Bloods.
• Roger Mayweather - Floyd Jr.’s uncle & trainer - is accused of attacking & trying to strangle a female boxer.
• Browns WR Braylon Edwards poses with a bunch of alcohol. So all those drops were due to the D.T.’s?
Tags: Adriene B
, Baltimore Ravens
, Baltimore Ravens Cheerleaders
, Braylon Edwards
, Bruce Pearl
, Chad Ochocinco
, Cincinnati Bengals
, Cleveland Browns
, DaJuan Summers
, Denver Nuggets
, Detroit Pistons
, Golf In Olympics
, J.r. Smith
, Lane Kiffin
, Marcin Gortat
, Mark Schlereth
, Roger Mayweather
, Tennessee Volunteers
, United Football League
, Valerie Luxe
Back-to-back titles — so rare in the NFL, except if you’re Baltimore Ravens cheerleader Adriene B. The Ravens don’t give out full names of their cheerleaders (although Adriene was a cheerleader at South Carroll High and the University of Maryland, so any of you Cavaliers or Terrapins who know her might want to check in). Anyway, she made back-to-back covers of the Ravens’ cheerleader calendar, a great accomplishment indeed.
But professional cheerleading is also fraught with danger. Aside from the clumsy groping of drunken fans and of course Joe Flacco’s scattershot passing accuracy, there’s also the terror of wild deer! Leaving her home home town of Mt. Airy, MD, to catch a flight for the calendar shoot in the Dominican Republic last year, she hit a deer, which went through her windshield.
(More pics after the jump - of Adriene, not the deer.)
The Baltimore Ravens cheerleaders, easily the only thing worth liking about Baltimore, are down in Punta Cana working on their new calendar for 2008. And while they may not be doing it with an eye on the environment, they’ll still help me keep track of what month it is all the same.
See the details on their trip — and more pics — after the jump. Read more…