You may not have been planning to see a Quad Cities River Bandits game this week (or, ever), but now that you know that the Ladies of the Professional Pillow Fight League will be appearing, and it’s Thirsty Thursday, how can you resist? Professional pillow fighting has made few inroads with the typical sports fan — still no live ESPN coverage — and that means it’s the perfect sport for Minor League Baseball to embrace.
Because really, how many Salute To The Mullet Nights can you have? It gets redundant. So this Thursday, the rough-and-tumble chicks with the Fluffy Pillows Of Doom will do battle for the amusement of Single-A baseball fans at Modern Woodmen Park in Davenport, Iowa. More raucous pillow-fighting action following the jump.
The St. Louis Cardinals affiliate is as excited about Thursday as we are.
Catch a glimpse of the Professional Pillow Fight League while enjoying $2 draft beer and fountain Pepsi products thanks to the CW and Rock 104.9! And stay late for a special Thursday night fireworks show!!!
But right now you’re probably asking yourself, what exactly is this Pillow Fight League of which you speak? Here’s what we know so far: The PFL world champion is someone named Olivia Neutron Bomb, and other top competitors are Messy Jesse, Eiffel Power and Scrapula. Here are some of the rules:
- Female pillow fighters only. No exceptions.
- Professional pillow fights are won via pinfall, surrender, or referee stoppage. If a pillow fight ends at the time limit with no winner, a winner is declared by a three-judge committee, using the traditional 10 point system. Pillow fighters are judged based on Style, Stamina, and the Eye of the Tiger.
- Pillow fighting is Fun. No biting, scratching, or hair pulling. Malicious intent and blatant disregard of your opponent’s safety (or your own) may result in immediate suspension and/or dismissal from the League.
- Bearing in mind Rule #3, most anything goes in a pillow fight, as long as there is a pillow at the point of contact. Preventing your opponent’s offense by holding her pillow is not allowed.
- Deliberately compressing the pillow fibres to increase the density of the pillow is not allowed. Loading a pillow with any foreign object is strictly forbidden.
And apparently, the PFL is holding tryouts all this month. Get down there, and good luck!