F1 Chief Mosley Wins Damages Over Orgy Photos

Formula One head Max Mosley has been through a lot after NEWS OF THE WORLD published photos of him involved in what appeared to be a Nazi-themed, sado-masochistic orgy involving Holocaust-related death scenes. He had to cop to an S&M fetish, which shocked his wife Jean. So, what does he do? Thanks to more liberal laws regarding privacy suits in the U.K., he sued the tabloid and the courts ruled in his favor to the tune of £60,000.

Max Mosley

Per THE GUARDIAN, the judge did not find anything resembling Nazi themes in the video.

In his judgment Mr Justice Eady said that Mosley had a “reasonable expectation of privacy” in relation to his sexual activities no matter how “unconventional”.

He found no evidence of Nazi themes in the orgy and said Mosley’s life had been “ruined”.

“I found that there was no evidence that the gathering on March 28 2008 was intended to be an enactment of Nazi behaviour or adoption of any of its attitudes. Nor was it in fact. I see no genuine basis at all for the suggestion that the participants mocked the victims of the Holocaust,” Eady said.

The damages are believed to be a record in privacy suit history across the pond, topping the 58,000 pounds awarded to Elizabeth Hurley and her husband.

If Mosley’s life is ruined, well, we should all be so lucky. He’s still in charge of Formula One after all of this. Even with the justice saying there was not enough proof of a Nazi theme, most organizations would call for a head to step down if pictures of him involved in an orgy made the public rounds. However, Mosley has such an iron fist over his sport that excising him appears to be an impossible task.

So, it appears Mosley will be able to do as Elvis Costello once sang about the former’s fascist father Oswald: “Let’s talk about the future; now we’ve put that past away.”