Let’s add to our official Beijing Media Panic Checklist:
- Torch problems everywhere
- Lack of quality cheerleaders (okay, that’s just on our list)
- Oppressive rules and regulations
- Special care for “special” people
- Algae that eats pollution
- And now locusts are massing to invade Beijing in time for the Opening Ceremonies.
Really? Locusts? Good thing there will be evangelicals on-site to help with the impending frog invasion.
Here’s our best advice to Beijing organizers: official 2008 Summer Olympics blinders for every foreign journalist. These are often worn best with beer goggles.