- THE APPLE CORE speculates on Michael Phelps’ rap-centric iPod playlist. So he’s getting doped up before the race by listening to Young Jeezy?
- LIQUID GENERATION has a video montage of The Greatest Gymnastics Crashes. And yes, the guy running into the vault horse - the Citizen Kane of gymnastics bloopers - is in there.
- TIME proposes using ex-NBA stars to create a Dream Team of sorts for Olympic Handball. Sounds like a great reality show to me.
- WIRED counts down the Top 10 Most Advanced Olympic Doping Methods - sadly, none of them involve Jolt Cola
- GOAL.COM has speculation that a French soccer star might be leaving Europe and to join the MLS’s Red Bulls. No, not that one that’s in those Gillette ads with Tiger Woods and Roger Federer.
- PENINSULA IS MIGHTIER has video of Michael Beasley almost getting hit by a bus while taking his Hummer in to have its stolen stereo repaired.
- EVERY DAY SHOULD BE SATURDAY respects the stone s of Jason Whitlock after his choice of Ball St. as this year’s mid-major BCS-crasher.
- THE SPORTING BLOG wonders if Ben Johnson wasn’t too “intellectually retarded” to know if he was doing steroids.
Posted by Richard Manfredi on Aug. 16, 2008, 2:00pm