As we learned in the Biblical story of Christmas, when Joseph and Mary arrived in Bethlehem there was no room at the inn. Two thousand years later, will Buffalo’s messiah be forced to sleep in a manger? That’s what Terrell Owens wants to know. Hey man, he’s trippin’ … won’t somebody rent a brother a house?
And of course, just like the birth of Jesus, the entire story is documented on Twitter:
how bout this? the owners @ address 1 DEER RUN wn’t rent 2 me b/c they said they dn’t want drama n their neighborhood!!! WOW! — about 17 hours ago from web in reply to tjgeary1
That’s from T.O.’s Twitter page, in which he is totally going bat—- crazy trying to find a house in Buffalo’s challenging rental market. Of course, like most of the drama in Owens’ life, it all appears to be occurring only in his mind.
The place in question is a six-bedroom home at 1 Deer Run in Orchard Park that lists for $489,397. It’s also available for rent.
Real estate agent Bob Wozniak disputed Owens’ complaint. Wozniak said Owens has yet to tour the home and said his clients are more than happy for the receiver to do so. “I don’t know how it all got started,” Wozniak said.
- jus gettin up! headed 2 practice then househunting again. Hv a blessed day tweeters! — about 6 hours ago from web
- @joedinardo wht’s sq ft, rms, etc. u hv a contact # there? thanx — about 6 hours ago from web in reply to joedinardo
- @rpierce1 where is this house located, r there more pics? how far is amherst frm orchard park? — about 15 hours ago from web in reply to rpierce1
- @Skapman where is roxbury? — about 16 hours ago from web in reply to Skapman
- IamVirt_Asst i’m @ hotel n BUFF — about 17 hours ago from web in reply to IamVirt_Asst
- @mimiteacher i actually saw a couple houses n clarence 2day! jus gotta make sure isn’t 2 far out, i’m nt a am person!! lol — about 17 hours ago from web in reply to mimiteacher
But then Owens takes some time off from house hunting to comment on LeBron James not shaking hands with the Magic after the Cavs were eliminated in Game 6.
- @SmoothRider22 nt tht big of a deal, it is only b/c it’s him! i’ve seen guys jus walk off the court plenty of times & nt shake hands!! — about 17 hours ago from web in reply to SmoothRider22
I could point out that Owens took his sweet time reporting to Bills workouts, and could have all of this sorted out by now if he were more organized. But I won’t.